The IFFIm Board, chaired by René Karsenti is made up of seven directors with extensive backgrounds in banking, capital markets, the health sector and supranational and development finance
Board of directors
The International Finance Facility for Immunisation Company is a UK Charity managed by its Board of Directors. The Board's activities include:
- reviewing Gavi immunisation programme funding requests and ensuring proper disbursement of funds;
- mandating the World Bank as Treasury Manager to arrange borrowing transactions to fund immunisation programmes;
- monitoring IFFIm's investment portfolio and liquidity;
- reviewing and approving IFFIm's annual report of the trustees and financial statements;
- overseeing IFFIm's governance and policies;
- assessing IFFIm's efficacy as an innovative financing mechanism supporting international development.
IFFIm Board members
The founding chair of IFFIm, Alan R. Gillespie, helped secure US$ 6.3 billion in pledges from nine countries and raise US$ 3.6 billion on the capital markets for immunisation. Dr. Gillespie served from 2006-2012.
Gavi and World Bank
IFFIm has outsourced administrative support functions to the Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and treasury functions and related accounting services to the World Bank.
Gavi is responsible for the operational activities related to the immunisation, health system strengthening and vaccine procurement programmes for which IFFIm provides funding.
The Audit Committee was established to assist the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities in respect to the corporate accounting and financial practices of IFFIm. It is chaired by Marcus Fedder and includes Didier Cherpitel and Fatimatou Zahra Diop.